We met Susan, Kristen, and Chara at Chick Fil A in Boiling Springs and ate lunch (Laurel met us at the park). I decided to only take the essentials in to the restaurant so I put my phone and the money in Laurie's diaper bag. We had a great lunch and then got everyone ready to go to the park. I did not realize till I got out to the car that my KEYS were in the locked car with my purse. I was not sure what to do...Susan suggested that Kristen give us a ride to the park and we would try to figure out something. I could not call Chris because he has no cell phone and he and Jonathan were at the golf course (in Union!). I called my sister in law who got in touch with my in laws who were in the area and could help me. After a while at the park, my father in law made it to us and we went back to the Chick Fil A where someone came to unlock my car (my mother in law has road side assistance through her cell phone).
The kids did not fully understand what was going on and I was able to keep things pretty normal for their sake. They loved the playground..until Laurie got knocked over by a big kid on a swing!! She busted her mouth and her nose started bleeding. She cried that cry were you can't hear them because they can't catch their breath at first! I thought she was never going to stop crying..but she did and she is OK.
Thank goodness my in laws were still around (they were suppossed to be leaving today to go to NC)! Thank the Lord that He somehow gave me a peace through this whole ordeal. Thank the Lord that Laurie's injury was not a bad one.
Here are some pictures from our adventure!!










1 comment:
Wow, looks like I need to check out that park! Poor Laurie! Hope she feels better.
Post a Comment