Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Race Training Progress!

I have been training for a 5k since the middle of January. The race is coming up at the end of next month and I am finally starting to see some results!!
I have been following a training program that my SS teacher recommended and have recently made a few modifications that my brother suggested and I am starting to see the difference. I am now able to run 1.5 miles and I walk the other 1.5 miles! That is big for me because I am not an exercise person in the least. I also have started to see the difference on the scales...I have lost 4 pounds!!
I am so excited and am looking forward to the race. I have a personal goal on running the 5k in 30 minutes or less. I hope that I can meet my goal. I do want to offer a word of encouragement to all those who are working on a goal..Keep on keeping on. The results will happen if you endure.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You did better than me today! I just couldn't hang this morning!