Thursday, March 12, 2009

Laurie-the next tattoo Barbie!

My brothers were watching Laurie this morning while Nicholas and I ran to the Wal Mart for a few things. We returned to a Laurie with a hue of blue on her arms! She had taken a marker (an expo marker that you would use on a white board) and written on her hands, arms, top and my TV!! I had the next tattoo Barbie!
I immediately took a baby wipe (that gets most things out) and attempted to clean her off. That was to no aveil...I got blue on me and very little off of Laurie. Nicholas also somehow managed to get blue on him! The marker is not washable as my brother and husband tried to convince me of, it has to wear off your skin and I am just praying that some kind of stain remover will work on her top. I was livid and it took me a long to try to get over it. My sweet husband knew that this incident had upset me so he took hairspray and baby wipes and got the marker off of Laurie and he also got the marker off of her top. Thank you Chris!
I started to ask Laurie who made the mess on her arms and hands because I was trying to get her to understand that it was not a good thing to repeat. She told me about the mess and now the funniest part is that if you ask Laurie who made 'the mess', as she calls it, she will say NATHAN! She takes no blame, it was all Nathan. I guess this will not be the last time something like this will happen in our household. Amazing to me that neither of the boys have done this kind of a thing to themselves. One of them did enjoy decorating my walls though...I guess that counts too.

2 comments:

Erin said...

She ought to just fess us, she was pretty proud of her work!

Anonymous said...

I protest! The defendant pleads not guilty! You'll be hearing from my lawyers (Perry Mason, Ben Matlock, Matt Murdock, Jennifer Walters and Carson Drew! ;-))