Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lessons from Mommyhood



The 15th almost slipped up on me...It has been such a busy week! I do have a few lessons that I have been reminded of lately that I thought I would share...

1. All kids grow up FAST! We went to one of Nicholas' friends 4th birthday party yesterday and it hit me that my baby boy would also be 4 soon! Where does the time go? I don't know, but try to cherish each moment.
2. Mommies usually know what is best for their own children. Don't you just love the pediatrician's office..the first thing mine asks is what is going on with your child. Then after I have diagnosed the child for them, they usually look in their ears, mouth etc. and agree with ME. If you are a mom, trust your instincts!!
3. Discipline using the Word of God. This is a big one that I have been reminded of lately. I took a Bible study back in the fall in which we learned to use the Word when disciplining your children. I started to do just that and it was going well and then the study ended and I got slack. That really is the best way to do it though and I am going to make my list of Bible verses this week and start using the Bible again in the way I correct my children. The bonus is that they will learn some scripture very well depending on their problem areas.
4. Your kids will never outgrow the need for your attention. This is a hard one for me since their are 3 of them and only 1 of me. Sure they get more independent as they get older but all of mine still want a little time during the day when it can just be me and them. It is some of the most precious time I spend with them.

No comments: