Laurie is going through a very difficult and trying stage in her life right now...beyond being almost 2 years old! She has started scratching other children! This is happening mostly in the church nursery (hopefully we won't be asked to leave because of her). I have witnessed it at home some but it usually happens when one of her brothers aggravates her or takes something away from her. I believe that it is like her defense mechanism. I also think that once her vocabulary comes in better, she will learn to use her words instead of scratching to communicate with others. I am very upset and concerned over the matter though. I am a stay at home Mom and so my children are my job..a direct reflection on me! No matter how much people say that children will be children (and I know this is true since there are others at church who are having problems with their almost 2 year olds too) that still does not make me feel too much better.
I need some prayer and wisdom to know how to handle things with Laurie especially since most of the time she is a sweet, loving child. She will even go over to the child she offended and hug him/her and tell them that she is sorry after the incident occurs. I know the Lord will see us both through this stage somehow, but I sure wish I knew His plan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I know it can't be easy! I will be praying for y'all through this stage, remembering that Laurie is God's child and so are you. You are both his job and He will complete it!
I'm sorry you guys are going through this difficult stage - I know sometimes it probably feels like you'll be in it forever!! She is a sweet little girl and you'll get through this. We love you and your babies!!
Jessica, her scratching stage does not reflect badly on you as a parent. A lot of children go through stages like this. Some kids bite, some hit, etc. It is going to pass...hang in there! Believe me, if *I* can hang in there, you can too!
Post a Comment