Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I might actually be able to RUN this 5k

I had a break through at the gym yesterday morning...As many of you know, I am training to compete in a 5k race on April 25. Up until this point I was not sure that I would be able to actually run the race. I knew I could finish the race since I have been doing 3 miles at the gym three times a week for the past 2 1/2 months, but I was not sure if I could run the whole race. BUT yesterday I actually ran more than I walked for the first time since I began this training. The training is set up so that you increase the time that you run slowly until you are simply running instead of walking. I have been following the plan and have been slowly increasing the amount of time that I am running (remember I have never done this before) and yesterday I actually ran 3 minutes of every 5 that it could me to do the 3 miles!!!
I probably ran about 2 miles of the 3!! I am so excited and I think I may actually be able to run the whole race now. I pray that Wednesday morning will go as well as Monday did.

No comments: