I have been especially struck today by the reassurance that God is good and that life is short. I know those two ideas do not seem to go hand in hand..but they do the way I think about them. During the course of this week, I have had so many opportunities to spend time with friends which has reminded me of God's goodness. The fact that my children have been so healthy and happy also reminded me of this. I look at my children and can't help but see God's unmerited goodness towards me and Chris.
On Wednesday, I went to Gaffney and ended up buying Laurie a new pair of shoes because she had outgrown her current pair of Keds. She was wearing a pair that was a whole size smaller than the one that the salesperson told me she now needed. Life is so short and goes by so quickly..it seems like only yesterday she was a newborn and here she is about to turn 2! Remember these two facts everyday and especially on those days when things are uncertain or just plain hard...life is short and GOD IS GOOD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Thank you for those reminders.
Isn't that true? I don't know what happened to the 2 babies I had. Someone replaced them with real girls that move (a lot) and talk (a lot)!
You are exactly right Jessica and thank you for this reminder. We both have so much to be thankful for! God is good - ALL the time!
Post a Comment