Yesterday, we went over to my in laws for lunch. The boys went on the front porch after lunch to play with some new sidewalk chalk. They were doing fine until Nicholas comes into the house screaming! Once he finally calmed down, he told us that he hurt his foot when he jumped off the porch!!
We immediately took a good look at it when we realized that he was not faking the injury. He told us that his foot was ruined and that he could not walk any more. The picture looked grim! Nicholas' foot was ruined and I was doomed to carry around a 40 pound three year old from now on..
He still wanted to go to choir that night so we carried him in and back out. His teacher, Ms. Julie, said that they were singing Father Abraham and he was trying to stand up and do the motions with everyone else. Bless him..he loves to sing!
I was not sure if he needed to go to the doctor and I started getting worried when the foot became swollen. I checked his foot this morning and though he was moving aroud a little better, I decided we better go let the doctor check it out anyway. He saw the doctor at 10:30 am and he sent us to go get an xray. Nicholas was a real champ through the entire ordeal (I wish I could say the same for Laurie). He did an excellent job and cooperated fully while the techs took the xrays.
We are thankful to the Lord that the doctor called back and told us that Nicholas did not break any bones. He has however badly bruised his foot or sprained it. It will take time to heal. That we can handle!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I've wondered about him today. Glad he's okay!
Glad he didn't break it!! These boys and their injuries! :)
I love your new page!
Post a Comment