Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Potty training boot camp- DAY TWO

I have come to a few conclusions today...first, don't start potty training a child during your busiest week of the year (so far) and second, it is very difficult to potty train a child who does not fully understand you!
We did not make much progress today..Laurie sat on the potty several times and one time she even attempted to wipe herself. She also did actually pee in the potty but it was not for her mother but for her cousin! We have been on the go all day and that makes it harder to keep her on a schedule. We also tried big girl panties but I am not sure that it helped...again it would help if she understood me when I told her to keep them dry.
I did receive some information about a book that is suppossed to help with this process. It is called "Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day: Proven Secrets of the Potty Pro" by Teri Crane. I may have to go to Barnes and Noble and check it out if we do not make any more progress this week.
I have confidence though that success is just within our grasp...so Laurie and I will keep plugging away at this venture.

1 comment:

Jo Ellen said...

Emma and I did that book. I know I blogged about it once upon a time. Like May of 2007, maybe? Anyway, its preface says something like only 2 out of 400 kids weren't able to be trained in a day, and those 2 were mentally challenged. Well guess what, Emma didn't get it in a day, either! The title/idea makes it so tempting. No harm in trying!