Monday, February 23, 2009

Good Dental Health

Nicholas studied all about dental health last week at preschool. They made a set of sparling teeth out of paper and glitter. It turned out very cute! They also had a visit from a dentist who gave the kids a new toothbrush, flossers, and some toothpaste. Nicholas really enjoyed the visit from the dentist. Today he came home from school with an award! It is a Terrific Teeth Award for being able to show his teacher good teeth brushing techniques. I am so proud of him!
He is also in the process of getting rid of his sippy cup and learning to use a cup with a straw. We are doing pretty well with that, however he still has to have his water at night in a sippy cup. We are also going to start working on staying dry through the night so that we can give up the pull ups too. He did well last night..I think he only peed once in the pull up and he even got up at 5:30 am to use the bathroom. Nicholas is growing up so fast! I still think of him as my baby boy but I guess since he is almost four it is time for him to loose some of his baby things. He does have a good motivator though and that is helping us with this big transition.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

We had a hard time with Zoe and the sippy cup. It was worse than the bottle. But he'll give it up soon!