Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dinner by candle light

Last night during the storm, our power went out. Chris was at home with all the children when it first happened. He said the children clung to him like glue until they could find the flashlights and even then they needed to be in the same room with him. I was out trying to do some valentine's day shopping as well as picking up some supper. Once I heard about the power outage, I finished up the errands and headed home to a dark house. I arrived with the food and we set up dinner in the dining room. I lit 2 big jar candles, 3 other big candles, and a baby jar candle all but one in the middle of the table. Dinner was great! The food was not spectacular-it was take out from McDonald's. The setting and the fact that we had no distractions was great. No television, music, or computers took away from our conversation-and my kids have lots to say if they are not distracted! I would have loved to have had a picture but I would have had trouble finding my camera.
So the next time you need some quality family time, imagine the lights are out and have dinner by candle light. And yes we did get our power back.

1 comment:

Jo Ellen said...

How was it potty training by candle light? ;-)