Monday, February 16, 2009

An attempt at a new hobby

As many of you know, I have started going faithfully to the gym. I enjoy the 'me time' and I think it has had some positive benefits for my physical and mental health. Our SS teacher, Kevin Harrison, has challenged our class to participate in a 5k on April 25, 2009. I am not sure if I will be able to run the 3.2 miles necessary to complete the race (I may have to walk some) but I am going to give it my best shot. I am embarking on a training schedule to increase my chances of running the whole race and just as I commit to this race, guess what they put out in the grocery store?? EASTER CANDY!!!
I have a favorite candy for each holiday and usually they only make it around that particular time of the year. For example, at valentine's day my favorite is those jellied candy hearts and at easter it is the sweet tarts jelly beans. I could not resist so I bought a bag at the store..However, I am dividing them up into small amounts (one serving size) in little baggies for each day. Hopefully that will ensure that I do not eat too many in one day or at one time. But I am about to eat my whole serving for today just in the time it is taking me to write this post! I hope this really works!
I really want to run the race in April and I would like to continue running races in the future. How knows maybe this really will develop into my new hobby!

4 comments:

Jo Ellen said...

I LOVE the Sweet Tart jellybeans! I saw the Easter candy when we stopped by the grocery this morning on our way home from the gym. I was able to bypass it. Then I came home and ate a whole bunch of nachos. Why do I negate all of my hard work??? ;-)
You will be able to do the run in April!

Jennifer said...

I love the Robin Eggs.... Good luck on the run, you will be able to do it.

Susan said...

I am excited about the run too! It's going to be so much fun! I'm glad our class is embarking on this challenge together! You CAN do it!!

Leigh said...

You GO girl! That is awesome! I will be thinking about you (while I sit on the couch with my jelly beans). It will all be worth it in the end!!

Good luck!