Laurie has been showing signs of readiness for potty training of late...However, Mommy has not been quite ready.
After our little episode tonight, though, I am very ready for her to be potty trained! I was in the kitchen eating supper and grading some tests for Chris when I heard him call me from our bedroom. He said he needed some help so I went back there. I found a naked baby girl with poop all over her body (on her bottom, hands, tummy, and legs). Laurie had pooped in her diaper and tried to change herself!! She got the dirty diaper off and had picked up a clean one in her attempt. She wanted to be changed every time she peed in her pull ups or diapers this morning and so I knew the time was at hand but I never thought she would try to clean herself up after a dirty job. I remained calm on the outside and ran her some bath water. After cleaning her up as well as I could with wipes, I put her in the tub. She loves a bath so she thought it was great. Laurie now has her Dora pull up and pajamas on so let's hope she will leave well enough alone.
BUT come Monday morning (when we will have our new potty seat thanks to Nanny), Laurie and Mommy start potty training boot camp!! Anybody else have one they need me to train alongside Laurie??
Who knows, maybe she will be potty trained by the time she is 2! That would beat her brothers' achievements in that area all to pieces.
PS I thought I would spare you'll any pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I figure I'll probably start potty training this summer. Although we just started sitting Ian on the potty before his bath and before we put his pj's on to start getting him used to the idea. We're hoping he starts making the connection soon! Good luck!
Any tips??? We are trying with Payne but he doesn't quite get the concept.
Post a Comment