Saturday, July 18, 2009

Two noteworthy things

This week Laurie Grace has learned two new bits of information. She learned that there is a Cinderella that you can watch on TV. She only has a small Cinderella doll; she had never seen the DVD before because we do not own it. But this week at camp, one day when she was refusing to stay in the nursery, Ms. Stacey put it on for her in her office. The next morning when Laurie woke up, the first thing she asked for was Cinderella on TV. I guess I need to find out if it is in or out of the vault at this time so I can see about getting it for her. I thought it might make a good Christmas present!
The other and in my opinion more useful bit of information that Laurie has learned is...if you use the bathroom every so often your PANTIES will stay dry!! Yes, you read right...my little girl is now wearing training pants or big girl panties! I can hardly believe it. She is doing well with it too as long as we remember to take her to the potty about every 30 to 45 minutes. We have been working on potty training with pull ups but she had gotten so sensitive to being wet that every time she wet one once, we had to put another one. So one day this week Chris suggested that we just put panties on her and save the pull ups for nap and night time. He thought she could do it and it would save us some money. Sure enough, she transitioned very well and has had minimal accidents. I am so proud of my little, I mean big girl!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sorry, but Ms. Rhonda is the very nice teacher that introduced her to Cinderella. Just had to throw that in. ;) We enjoyed our time together last week very much!! :) Ella Kate loved Cinderella first, out of all the princesses, but we think with her, she thought they had the same name!

JESSICA said...

So did Laurie for some time and then we started teaching her their names. Thanks for introducing her to the world of DVDs. Thanks for taking such good care of her too.