Friday, July 17, 2009

Camp Awards...life back to normal

Camp ended yesterday with a nice awards banquet. Each child that attended sports camp got two awards...Jonathan got the Mercy Award and the Rebound Award. I was proud of him for sticking with it this week because basketball is not his best sport. The kitchen staff (Tiffany, Hannah, and I) set up the lunch and stayed and cleaned up after the banquet was over. This week was alot of hard work but, we enjoyed the time we were able to spend together. Today, we went to McDonald's with Erin and her kids. My kids were so glad to see hers and I was glad to be able to spend time with her again. It seems like things are getting back to normal for us. While we were there, two or three different people told me how beautiful Laurie was. People compliment me on my children often but two or three people in one day at one place is a little much. Laurie was wearing a navy blue and white polka dot tank and white shorts which she had never worn before. She had never worn them before because I was afraid of putting white shorts on my 2 year old! I told Erin that navy blue must be her color though because of all the compliments that she got today.
Camp weeks are nice but they take alot out of you. Next week, we are going to focus on resting and getting ready for the beach. I am so glad that we are going to be able to get away this summer and have some family time. After that, my Mom is coming for a visit! I can't wait!!

It was wear your pajamas day at preschool camp

Two of Jonathan's friends-Gracie and Maggie

The best part of the kitchen crew-Hannah

No comments: