Monday, May 18, 2009

Women of Joy 2009





I was able to attend the Women of Joy Conference this past weekend in Charleston, SC. My husband did a great job taking care of our three kids while I was at the conference. He was a big part of why I was able to go to the conference. I left Friday at lunch time and we got down to Charleston about 4pm. We picked up our tickets, checked in to the motel and headed for the Coliseum. The sessions were held at the North Charleston Coliseum (which is the hockey arena in Charleston..so we were sitting on ice all weekend!). Charles Billingsley lead the music that opened each session. I throughly enjoyed him and all the praise songs that we sang. It was so awesome to hear about 6 thousand women sing praise songs! Charles also taught us a new song that he is going to release in August. The song had an old hymn as its chorus (I need thee every hour). We had lots of great speakers including Kirk Cameron, Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Chonda Pierce and Angela Thomas. Chonda Pierce was, of course, hillarious. She was talking about some topics that I have not experienced yet in my life and she was still funny. I really loved Angela Thomas too. I was able to relate to what she talked about and her words were very relevant to my life. I learned a lot at the conference and how to use it in my daily life. I learned more about what it means to relax (that is very hard for me to do). I was reminded of how much God loves me and that He wants the best for me and my family. I also learned that I need to be imparting more of the Word of God to my children. My biggest prayer is that my children grow up to know Christ and serve him and I was reminded of how big a part I can play in pointing them to Christ.
I did stay up too late this weekend though and so I will need this week to recover. I am used to going to bed by 10 or 10:30pm and sometimes the sessions were not over till 9:30 or so. I even took a nap Saturday afternoon which I NEVER do. I went to the conference with a group from our church and I am so thankful to Jennifer for organizing the whole thing! I am also glad that my mother-in-law and sister-in-law were able to come too. We all had a great time! I still have my arm band on...I don't want to take it off. It serves as such a great reminder to be a Woman of JOY even in everyday life!

Charles Billingsley leading worship



Our conference t-shirts

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law (my traveling buddies)

The stage


Angela Thomas

Kirk Cameron
I am so looking forward to next year! One of my best friends says that she wants to join in on the festivities so I am thrilled!!

2 comments:

Jo Ellen said...

Great pictures! I am still sorry that I didn't know your phone didn't get texts. I should have just called your #. Next year we need to hang out more!

Jennifer said...

I am so glad you were able to go too. It was a blessing of a weekend.. We REALLY did miss y'all at lunch on Saturday. Can't wait until next year... Maybe we can all hang out more.