Saturday, May 9, 2009

A gift from Nicholas

Nicholas' teacher helped the boys make a Mother's Day card and present this week. Nicholas gave it to me on Friday and was dying for me to open it so I did just a few days early. The card was beautiful-Nicholas had really put some work into making the flower that graced the front of the card. The gift was a book called 'Recipes for a Mother's Heart'. The teachers had asked the children what their favorite dish was that their mother made and how she made it. Nicholas' little class focused on breakfast food for some reason. Nicholas said that I made good waffles and he was very accurate and detailed in his description of how I made them. The book was precious!
He also came home with a Mother's day survey that he had filled out...
I wish I really did look more the way that Nicholas sees me. The survey went something like this..
What is your mother's name?
Jessica
How old is she?
24 (I like that better than the truth. None of my kids were around when I was 24)
How tall is she?
All the way tall (AMEN)
How much does she weigh?
40 lbs. (can you imagine)
What color is her hair?
brown (that is probably my actual hair color)
What does she do around the house?
Cleans (that's right!)
What is her favorite TV show?
The 7 kids (I am not sure but I do watch 17 kids and counting sometimes)
What does she cook?
Chicken, fries, and sandwiches (and a few other things)
Where does she cook?
At home (Duh)
Where does she like to go?
To Burger King (correction, that is where he likes me to take him)
What is her favorite hobby?
Watch me (that's right, and I have no other hobbies LOL)
My mother is special to me and I love her so much because..

I love her (and I love him).




No comments: