Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day 2009

What a day it has been! I got some sweet presents from my family this morning very early. Jonathan was so excited about the present he had made at school that he got up early (6:30 am) so that I could open my present. He had made a placemat with a flower made with his finger prints. The middle of the flower was a picture of him. It was so sweet! He had also made some coupons for some fun things like hugs and kisses. My husband got me some new clothes for the gym. I know you'll think that was an unthoughtful gift but I loved it because I have really gotten into going to the gym and really enjoy this new hobby. He also gave me a pretty top with a Bible verse on it (the one about a woman's children rising up and calling her blessed). I also got a beautiful necklace that my boys and I went to Michael's and made together on Saturday. It was so much fun to make!
Then we went to church and pastor DJ was very sweet because he remembered that my mother was not here with me today and he asked about her and if I had gotten a chance to talk to her. His sermon was awesome and something I really needed to hear. He spoke about Elizabeth and her faith, humility, and obedience as a mother. My kids all came out of SS with a neat little craft for me too. They were all so proud of their creations.
After church, we spent the afternoon with Chris' mom and family. My boys usually enjoy their cousins company and they had a great time playing baseball. The day was very enjoyable. I only wish I could have seen my mother today. However, I know she and my Dad are where they need to be and doing the work they need to be doing and I am so proud of them. So to my mother, I love you...I miss you...I hope you have had a great mother's day...I can't wait till you come home in August!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day:)

Leigh said...

Hey girl! Got your message about the clipboards. I can't do any this week as I am SLAMMED!! But if you don't need them until after this week, I could definitely get them to you at the beginning of next week! Just let me know! I couldn't find your email address, hence the blog messaging system... :)