Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

What a busy weekend!! The weekend started with a birthday party on Friday evening. Nicholas went to a party of one of his classmates (Camden) from preschool. It was a Thomas party and the boys really enjoyed playing together again. All the boys from Nicholas' class were able to come but one little boy.


The birthday boy!

Then Saturday morning we dodged the raindrops and the boys played their LAST soccer games of the season. They both did an excellent job in their games as they have done all season. They seem to enjoy soccer alot.









The boys' everpresent cheerleader
After our final soccer games, I was able to go see a movie with two of my brothers who were visiting for the weekend. We went to see A NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM: BATTLE OF THE SMITHSONEAN. The movie was excellent. I enjoyed it better than the first one. I rarely get to see movies at the theater so I was very thankful that Chris watched the kids so I could go.



Then one Sunday we went to church and attended TWO cookouts that afternoon! First we went to my mother in law's house for a cookout with the family. My kids always enjoy spending time with their cousins. Then we went to our SS teacher's house for one that evening. A big thank you to Kevin and Susan for being such wonderful hosts!! My kids loved the water activities. They are now asking me if and when we can buy one just like yours!



By the time Monday actually came, everyone was so tired that we spent it resting and lounging around the house. I did however go to the gym and the grocery store. I have to get my workout time in so that I can be the mother I need to be to my children (if you know what I mean). I also took Jonathan and Nicholas in the afternoon to the mall so that they could pick out a new shirt each. Jonathan was going to be recongnized on WAME on Tuesday for his birthday (since it is a summer birthday) and so we got something nice for him since he was going to be on TV. How was your memorial day weekend?

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Your weekend was very busy! I want to go see that movie too. It looks like it would be good. I want a water slide like that...lol!

Nathan said...

My weekend was pretty awesome! :-) Thanks for a fun time. Glad we could hang out for a while.