Friday, May 1, 2009
Living Trini Style
For the past week, we have been living like we did when we lived in Trinidad-without air conditioning!! Before you all fall out...the repair man is coming tommorrow. However, it really has not been that bad. It is amazing what you can live without when you have to! We have been using fans and we lifted all the windows and the kids have had a bath every night. The kids have never once complained either! They think it has all been an adventure. The only problem we had was that the boys lifted the screen on their window one day and I had to kill several bugs including a yellow jacket that night that had flown into their room. If I knew this was as hot as it would get all summer, we might just go without air the whole summer (can you imagine the savings on our energy bill). However since it is going to get much hotter and this good breeze we have been having is going to go away, I think we will be using the air conditioning again real soon-try Saturday afternoon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
We haven't used our air once this year. It really hasn't been hot in here either. But I know later it will get turned on.
It has been wonderful w/ the windows open not bad at all... But we have trees around our house to help out.. For the past 2 yrs Eric has gone to Montanna while I have stayed home w/ the kids and but times the air went out in June and it was terrible even w/ the trees, windows and the attic fan going... This year I am going w/ him so I don't have to deal on my own..lol
We haven't turned our air on yet either. It has not been bad at all. I have the windows up and the fans going, in fact we just bought two more fans at Wal-mart a little while ago. I know it won't be long before it must be turned on:)
Post a Comment