I have had 2 great reminders of how God's people can and should act like God's people recently..
1. At the conference this past weekend, we collected an offering for another ministry that the organizer of the conference puts on each year. This ministry touches the lives of church planters in frontier areas (in this country!). They are able to provide a weekend retreat for these pastors and they give them gifts to encourage them. Our conference only had about 6 thousand women, which they told us was not one of the bigger conferences, and we raised 53 thousand dollars!! The organizer of the conference was amazed and so was I. God's people were helping to meet the needs of God's people just like in the New Testament.
2. This example is more personal. I had some family come to my boys' soccer games last night. I took the kids by myself because Chris was at work. It was 7:30pm by the time both of the games were over and I still needed to feed the kids supper. I had some family offer to go with me while I got us some supper. They not only were a great help with the kids but they paid for the meal. Again, God's people caring for God's people. They were such a blessing to me last night.
"All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had."
Acts 4:32
Have you been acting like one of God's people lately??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Hey girl! Sorry I didn't talk to you last week! Do you still need clipboards?? If so, I can get them to you asap (like Tuesday or Wednesday)! Just LMK if you still need them and what names you'd like on them. If not, no worries at all! Thanks, girl! :)
Post a Comment