Vacation Bible School for 2009 is officially over! I can hardly believe it! My kids had a great time all week. They enjoyed their teachers and all the activities. But there are some reasons why I am glad that VBS only happens for one week each year...
Almost every night this week something has happened to try to prevent me from teaching the Bible lesson to my groups of children. Things went pretty smoothly on Sunday night because Chris was there to help me take our kids to their classes. But I was not able to find Chris after VBS was over and I did not know where to find the children since I had not dropped them off.
On Monday, Jonathan had his first migraine ever and I was trying to deal with that and teach my classes and I could not find my keys (thankfully they were in the diaper bag).
On Tuesday, Chris did not ever show up for supper and I found out that his car did not start. So at 6:03pm, I flew back to my house to try to help him but he was gone (our neighbor had helped him). I was almost late for my first group but I made it. Then during my second group of the evening, I got a shock when the pastor came into my room unannounced. He was suppossed to be in the room next door to mine and had made a mistake. I was so flustered at that point that I did not even tell him of his mistake.
On Wednesday, I taught two first grade classes at the same time to help out Susan. That did not turn out badly..I was more upset about Jonathan dirtying his orange t shirt that he was suppossed to wear on Thursday too. I did manage to spot clean it though.
On Thursday, we had family night. That night went pretty smoothly except for the fact that we had craft people coming in and out of the room I was teaching in and it was a distraction for the girls.
We had over 411 children at VBS this week and while it has been a tiring week, it has also been rewarding!! The kids did a great job singing and will perform again on Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear that Jonathan had a migraine! Seth has had them for about 3 years now. He takes Propranolol twice a day for prevention. While it doesn't eliminate them totally, they aren't nearly as frequent as they once were! When he gets them, he takes 1 Excedrine Migraine and goes to bed. That usually makes it go away or at least make it so that he can function. We'll be praying that Jonathan won't have anymore!
Post a Comment