Sunday, June 21, 2009
The Candlelight Run
My brother, Nathan, me, and about 2,200 other people ran the candlight 5k last night in Greenville. Yes, this was my second 5k this year and I am still planning to run one more this year! I am a little addicted!! But as addictions go, this is one of the best ones. This race started at 9pm and the route was lit by candles. This was a very professional race because each racer got a chip to put on their shoe to time their individual pace. It was very exicting and the best part is that I improved my time from the race I ran in April. I ran this race in 38:51!!! I ran a 12:31 mile which is slightly slower than I run on the treadmill but this was on the road and in 85 degree weather (neither of which I have working against me at the gym). That was at least 3 minutes faster than the first race. I am so happy and my hope for the next race is to run it in 35 minutes or less. I am looking for a good race in later October or November. Does anyone know of one?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Way to go, Jessica! I'd really like to do that one next year--it sounds really neat.
You did a great job in this race! I'm very proud of you! :-) And don't worry- I won't be dragging my feet on this next race (too much) ;-) - that would make it harder to run. :-)
Post a Comment