Last night my husband and I took our three children to the Picture People to have their Christmas pictures taken. Our appointment was scheduled for 4:40pm and of course we did not arrive until 4:50pm (potty emergency!). The picture taking session that was probably suppossed to take 15 or 20 minutes took about 45 minutes to an hour. You see, the photographer would get the boys posed and then ask them to stay put and smile (fat chance) while she or I or Chris would run after Laurie and attempt to get her in the picture. The boys would try to 'help' us keep Laurie in the picture and then they would not be in the right spot for the picture. Laurie would sit or stand still only long enough for the photographer to take one shot and then she would run into another part of the store.
After 20 or 30 minutes of running after Laurie and having the boys use up all their goodness, it was time to stop and either cry or laugh. The photographer, Chris, and I decided to laugh. The whole experience was funny and the photographer had a great sense of humor, thank goodness. I even video taped all the ins and outs of getting the kids ready for one shot (it literally took about 10 minutes).
We got a great work out and a lesson in patience as well as some good pictures all for one price.
All the ins and outs of getting a pose ready






No comments:
Post a Comment