Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Brotherly Love

On Sunday, our pastor spoke of Jesus as our big brother. He was speaking from the book of Hebrews. He compared some of the aspects of our relationship with Jesus to the relationships of brothers. I started thinking of my two boys and how much they love each other. Nicholas loves to play with Jonathan and he follows him around and loves to make him happy. Nicholas repeats Jonathan's expressions about things or events. He evens usually wants to play what J9nathan suggests that they play.
Lately though, I have noticed that their own interests are developing and they are not always the same as their brother. Now when Jonathan wants to play something and suggests it to Nicholas it may not always be answered in the affirmative. The boys deeply love each other though and would stand up for each other any day of the week. They are also very possessive of their sister and do not let any one other than themselves mess with her.
I kind of feel bad that Laurie does not have a sister. I never had one either so I am not sure how those relationships work. I guess she will just have to have lots of friends!

No comments: