Saturday, November 29, 2008

Reflections on a holiday

I was catching up with one of my friends through their blog and what they wrote got me to thinking, I have many things and people to be thankful for and I may have let Thursday go by without acknowledging all those good things in my life.
My brother did have car trouble but he is OK and his car was able to get fixed with minimal cost. He is doing well in graduate school and is able to visit for the holidays. My family may be apart but we are able to keep in touch through the use of technology. My parents are safe and doing what the Lord would have them do. My brothers all love the Lord and are seeking to do his will.
My children are all happy and healthy. Jonathan has adjusted well to kindergarten and is even slightly ahead in his class work. Nicholas loves preschool-his teacher and all his friends. Laurie Grace is such a sweet girl and an answer to prayer. We were able to visit our extended family at my aunt's new home. My grandmother, though she is having lots of tests right now, is doing well and staying active. She loves my kids and they were able to spend some time with her on Thursday.
My husband and I have had 11 wonderful years together. God has been so good to us, blessing us with three children and a home to raise them in. He has given us all the material things that we could ever want. We are a part of a wonderful church and have good friends there. Most of all, God sent Jesus to be our savior. I am excited to be going into the season in which we focus on that Savior.

No comments: