Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Holidays are always interesting around our house. For example. Thanksgiving seems to be a simple enough holiday right? Not at our house...
I have three brothers and since my parents are out of the country everyone that can congregates at my house. However, this year my baby brother had a little trouble doing that.
He was driving down from NC where he attends graduate school when his car completely stopped working. He pulled over and waited a little while thinking maybe that the car's temperature was hot or something. After some time, he tried again, and again the car did not cooperate. So we receieve a call from him at 7:30pm informing us that he is stuck on the side of the highway in NC. We are at my in-law's house having our Thanksgiving meal with them when we get this call. We all start thinking about the best way to get my brother and his broken car to SC.

We thought of many plans, but my father in-law came up with the best plan and the one that we executed. He called a towing guy that he knew and he went and got my brother and brought him back to my in-law's house. My husband and I gathered up our children, took them home, met my other brother who was waiting for us at my house, and then turned around and went back to pick up my other brother who had made it safely at last from NC.

What excitment and that was just the day before Thanksgiving! I wonder what is in store for today? I hope your day is a little more stress free and relaxing than I'm sure mine will prove to be. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments: