Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Tradition Continues!

This afternoon I made brownies with Nicholas and Laurie Grace (before Jonathan got home from school). They both wanted to help mix the ingredients and pour them in too. I let them help as much as they were able to...and it sure took me back to the days when I used to make them with my mother. I remember that my favorite part was licking the beaters after the batter was in the oven and guess what my kids' favorite part was????

These are things I want to remember from their childhood...it is things I want them to remember too! I am so glad that something so ordinary and simple as making brownies could put some a smile on their faces!!

1 comment:

Jo Ellen said...

You let your kids lick the beaters? Aren't you worried about the raw eggs?! LOL! My kids were doing the exact same thing last night after we made a cake!