Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jonathan's big decision!!!!

Tonight, as we were getting home from Nicholas' baseball game, Jonathan asked me about a big question. He asked me, "Do I have Jesus in my heart?" I did not know exactly what to say to him but told him that we would talk about it some more during our devotion time. We had been talking about what it meant to have Jesus as your savior and I guess he had been listening. We had our regular devotions and when we got ready to pray, I asked if they had anything they wanted to pray about and Jonathan voiced it again...he wanted to have Jesus as his savior! So I told him that he needed to simply pray and ask Jesus to come into his heart and be his savior. He said the simplest and yet most precious prayer I have ever heard...and told Jesus that he wanted him to be his savior so he could go to Heaven and be with Him! I reiterated all the main points of the gospel and tried to ask as many questions as I could to ensure that he understood what he had done. I know that God heard and answered my 7 years old's prayer and that He is now a child of God!
Nicholas also started to ask many questions. I answered them all and when I asked him if he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart too, he told me maybe on the other day. He is still young but knows alot and I think will follow his brother soon. Praise the Lord!!

1 comment:

snookmama said...

Jessica, that's awesome news!