Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Running

Since all of my family was near by this past year, my brothers, Dad and I decided to run a race together. We decided to run one in Columbia called the Shandon Turkey Trot. It was an 8k race and everyone except for Ryan, who got sick, was able to run in it. My Dad did not run but he did race walk and he is fast! I started running with Dad but was moving faster than he was and so I went on. Unfortunately, I followed a neighborhood runner and off course for about 1/2 mile before I realized my mistake. Still, I managed to get back on course and beat Dad and Nathan! My time was 57 mins. and after Chris calculated in my mistake, he said that I had run about a 10 minute mile and that was my goal for this race. I was pleased to have met my goal!! I am going to try the 10k this year and then who knows from there. At least now, I have a good running partner that is helping me to consistently run.

No comments: