Many people have been getting sick this fall season. My children have not been sick except for the symptoms they experience with their allergies till now. Jonathan went to the doctor on Wednesday and we found out that he has an ear infection as well as walking pneumonia!! I was in shock! I knew he had an ear infection but did not dream that he had walking pneumonia. He is on a strong antibiotic as well as breathing treatments for 5 days. I am giving him the breathing treatments 4 times a day too! Then Laurie Grace woke up from a very short nap this afternoon and started crying and saying that her ear hurt. I was not sure whether to put much stock in my two year old but I called the doctor anyway since the weekend was coming up and I did not want to have to wait till Monday if she really was sick. Sure enough, she has an ear infection too! The doctor also listened to her lungs and said that she was ok and not developing walking pneumonia. Apparently, walking pneumonia is contagious and one does not run a fever with it or at least Jonathan has not run one.
Thankfully there is medicine that will clear up all their ailments! I am just hoping that Nicholas can stay well. They are all consistently on allergy medicine but sometimes that is not enough. It is not even Christmas yet and so I am not sure how rough of a winter we are in for....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Hope they get well soon!
Kain gets walk pneumonia EVERY year! It is horrible!
Oh no! I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for all of you and crossing my fingers that no one else gets "the crud."
Post a Comment