Monday, November 23, 2009

Shandon Turkey Trot

This past weekend, Nathan and I ran the Shandon Turkey Trot in Columbia! It was an 8k (almost 5 miles) race held on November 21st. The mayor of Columbia opened and started the race! This was my third race this year and the one for which I was the least nervous. I really had a good time running in the race too. The other two were good but I think I was so focused on the actual running of the race that I did not appreciate the experience. I found a running partner that I met during the race and we ran about 80% of the race together. I learned alot about this older gentleman and he even encouraged me to sign up for the Cooper River Bridge run in March. At the end of the race, I did leave him and finish the race strong....at 56mins. 31sec. It was quite an accomplishment for me....I even beat my brother by 50secs.!! But he also did a great job and I am glad he was able to run this race with me. The group that organized the race took pictures and I showed up in a few on the website!
My Dad also did something that was so sweet. He could not be at the race since my parents are overseas but he did walk the whole time I was running so I always knew he was experiencing the event with me! Thank you Daddy...I love you!!





3 comments:

Stacy said...

That is something to really be proud of!!!!

That was so sweet of your dad:)

Congratulations again!

Mom, Dad said...

Jessica, your dad and I are so proud of you! You really look fit. That work at the gym is paying off. Love, Mom

Erin said...

Good job, Jess! I'm glad you are enjoying running! Maybe I need to get inspired!