Today my brother in law lost his battle with cancer. Shaw Wylie was only 37 years old but he has been battling cancer since last year. He had cancer in his colon and received chemo last year for it, but either it was never fully gone or it came back and was in his liver, lymph nodes, and lungs. He attempted treatment again but with no success. He spent his last days at home and then had to be moved to the hospice house where he stayed for two days before leaving this world to meet his maker. Shaw is doing remarkably well today! He is no longer in pain and is in the presence of the Lord! I am glad that he is out of pain but we will all miss him!!!
During the course of his illness, we were able to help out by watching his child (my nephew-Austin) several times. We have been to Chuck E Cheese and to the park as well as simply hung out at home. Last Saturday was such a beautiful day that we took Austin along with our kids to the park along Lake Bowen in Boiling Springs. The kids had a great time and I am so happy that I was able to help out just a little bit.






2 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your family's loss. Tell Chris I am thinking about him and his family during this time. The photos of the kids on their special day are cute but I have to ask, how did you end up with two ice creams, no fair mommy, no fair LOL.
I was holding one for one of the kids and Chris used that opportunity for a nice shot!
Post a Comment